Monday, November 22, 2021

BBU 2

Big Build Up 2 was a strong week. It started Monday with a 7.09 mile run. Over 60s knocked out my swim, but not before I lifted weights. Tuesday was also good. While I only shuffled 2.04 miles, I swam 2,200 yards, and lifted more weights.

Wednesday continued the training with 4.33 miles of roadwork and 2,250 yards in the pool. At the gym I was not remiss doing deadlifts and loads over yoke (LOY) for a few reps. I hit a new PR on the trap bar deadlift with 230 pounds. Not bad for a skinny old man who is an endurance athlete not a strength one. The LOY is a full-body strength and conditioning exercise where I pick up a fifty-pound slam ball and load it over the top bar on my yoke. After a few reps, the muscles work, the heart beats hard, and the lungs scream for more air.

Thursday I hit the road for a short 2.11  miles and the gym for a big push day. Friday I did endurance day with 2,400 in the pool and 17 miles or road work. The road work broke down into 13.02 miles of running and 4.0 miles of walking.

Saturday I shuffled 2.82 miles and did leg work at Plate City. The Sabbath consisted of preaching, having lunch with my bride, taking a nap with the cats, and doing a short run at dusk. The short run was 1.66 miles long and marked the 49th day of my streak.

For the week, I

swam 6,259 meters,
lifted weights six times, and
ran 33.09 miles.

With the exception of the swimming being a bit light, that was one good week. Anytime I hit 30 miles on the road, I count as a big run week. I also hit all six gym days. Now I hope to top those numbers this week. Lord willing. Thank you, Jesus, for good health and fun goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment