Monday, April 17, 2017

4/10 - 4/17

I bounced back a little last week even though I only swam three times. Monday, I ran over Bear and that ended any swimming for the day. Tuesday, I swam seven straight laps in D 10 for 5.36 miles. Wednesday, I attended to some business and lifted weights, which I have already written about. Thursday, I swam 3.25 miles at the pond with Pee Wee while Bear stayed home. 

Friday, Penny told me she thought Bear was depressed because I left him at home the day before, so I took him Friday with the idea that he would stay in the truck when I let Pee Wee out, and that's what I did. But when we started up and Bear saw his little buddy out there running, he started whining. I gave in and let him out. 

I noticed he was watching the truck and never got in front. My guess is, I won't run over him again. He's a smart dog, and I think he is a bit wiser now. He seemed to enjoy himself, but he didn't run fast. When we got to the pond and I started swimming, he did the first lap with us, but he stayed at the truck after that. I swam 4 X 2 laps for 6.15 miles or 9,895 meters, my longest of the year. Only three swims, but that took me to 23,478 meters.

Saturday I stayed around the house and lifted weights. On the bench, I did

35 X 76
17 X 105
8 X 125
6 X 135
4 X 140

On the Swim Pull, I did

20 X 24.5 + 3
25 X 24.5 + 3
30 X 24.5 + 3
31 X 24.5 + 3
10 X 26 + 3

All in all, not a bad week, but I need more cowbell and more meters this week.

Praise be to God for His blessings to the sons of men.

No comments:

Post a Comment