Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Help Needed

Dude. I knew something had to happen. Things were going pretty smoothly in the buildup to Chicot Challenge VI. The first fright I had with this swim was when I called South Shore Cottages to reserve one of their pontoon boats. They politely informed me that they were no longer in the boat renting business.

What!?!?!?!?!

They did let me know that the Lake Chicot State Park had one so I called them immediately and secured that boat. Then this morning I received a phone call from Lake Village. I answered. It was the State Park Marina. There is a problem with their pontoon. It was being loaded onto a trailer for a trip to a shop for repairs when if fell off and did additional damage. "Now we have to get three estimates and we haven't even started that yet. Thought you ought to know." 

Maybe it will be ready. Maybe not.

In short, I have to find a boat.

The Bible says: 

     My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations.
     Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. 
     But let patience have her perfect work that ye may be perfect and entire             wanting nothing. (James 1:2-4 KJV)

The Bible also says:

     And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God,         to them who are called according to his purpose. (Romans 8:28)

I love God. I am called according to His purpose. This swim has seen God's ownership so I am expecting to find a boat and expecting good things to happen out of this complication.

If you are a praying person, please add this to your list. We could do the swim without a big boat, but that would put serious stress on the kayakers and force them to be in a tiny water craft for a long, long, time. It also would reduce our visibility, safety, and the number of people who can participate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment