Friday, May 31, 2019

Countdown 1

Tomorrow is the big day. Five months of training, planning, and praying comes to a head Saturday morning, June 1st, when Team Centerville and I meet at the Lake Chicot State Park for the eighth swimming of the Chicot Challenge.

Thursday morning, I met John at Twin Rivers and I swam 1,300 meters in 29:52. That's pretty slow. The seven-mile run Wednesday left me depleted. I went home and prepared for the Lions' Club meeting. I thought I gave a nice presentation on the swim and diabetes. No one donated there, but they have the DFM address, and I pray that some checks will roll in. After lunch, I thought about taking a short shuffle, but felt like I needed a nap more. I took the nap.

This morning, I slept in, then drank some coffee while I worked on Sunday's sermon. I will finish packing in a bit and then just lounge around and expend as little energy as possible. I'm trying to get my mind right. Sixty percent of the swim in physical. The other seventy percent is mental.

Thank you, Jesus, that I get to return to Chicot as a swimmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment