Saturday, May 4, 2019

Friday Short Day

The errands I ran all Friday morning didn't do me any good. By the time I made it to the pool-- pool you say-- yes, the rain convinced me not to take my almost clean truck to a messy fish pond levee. By the time I made it to the indoor pool, I had little energy for swimming. 

Sometimes I start swimming when I feel that way, and I get over it, break through, get warmed up and going strong. Friday, not so much. I swam

1,650 31:07 (1:52)
11 X 50 r :15 medium paddles
total: 2,200 yards = 2,010 meters

That was it? Yeah, that was it. I tapped out like a sissy and went home.

With that little fire in the belly, one would think I spent the rest of the day in bed. Instead, I put on running garb and went to Wade Road. I shuffled 3.68 miles, my longest of the year. Then I went home and went to bed.

Some days are like that. It was training, but it did not advance my swimming endurance which is what I will need for the Chicot Challenge. All you praying people, give me a prayer. I need some help. I'm sagging in a bad way.

No comments:

Post a Comment