Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Monday

I was supposed to meet John at Twin Rivers at 9:15. For once, I was the late one. I got there at 9:25. John's car was in the parking lot but there was no sign of John. What to do? I swam

    300
 1,200 
    800 countdown set
4 X 50 small paddles
    300
total: 3,300 plus 300 kick with fins.

John came up between sets and said the water was too cold, and he went to the indoor pool. This probably sounds harsh, but I answered, "That is a level of sissy that is unacceptable."

Dude, the water is above 80. There were two babies in the wading pool while we chatted.

My wife, who is usually right, said I should be more understanding. He is an old man and old men don't like the cold and can't tolerate it well. Maybe. It wasn't many years ago, three, that he was pushing me to swim in the fall all the way down to 66. I was the one wanting to stop the madness.

Oh well. I had a decent swim. The rest of the day was consumed with business at 422 West Harding (Mom's house) and getting ready for our trip to Cleveland. Our granddaughter graduated from junior high. Wow. You want to hear about signs and wonders? The graduation ceremony started on time. I kid you not. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment