Sunday, May 12, 2019

Super Saturday

Is is just me or have we been doing something every Saturday? My wife says it's not just me. Finally, we had a normal weekend day. A normal Saturday starts with us sleeping a little longer than usual. Then the coffee starts, the cats adjust to us being around, and I study for Sunday morning.

After all that, around 10:00 am, I went out for a shuffle. It was supposed to rain all day, but the sky seemed to offer a respite. So off I went for 5.05 miles, my longest run, I think, since November of 2016. Not only did I do five miles, but I threw in a few intervals. The run felt good, the knee did not hurt, and I was not overly tired when I finished. 

Workout one, done.

After resting and taking some protein, I went to the indoor pool. We've had several days of rain and cool weather. I didn't want to have to deal with the cold. In the pool, I swam

1,200 23:07 (1:53)
6 X 100 @ 2:12
  1:33
  1:30
  1:28
  1:29
  1:29
  1:29
400 small paddles
total: 2,200 yards = 2,010 meters.

Workout two, done.

I went home a rested. Rain poured off and on all day, but when it seemed like we might have another break, I went to Plate City. The dogs were happy to see me, and I needed the work. I hit the whole upper body and squats also. I did dumbbell curls, shrugs, dead lifts, lateral raises, a couple of light sets of bench presses, some pull ups and swim pulls. I was worked out when I stopped.

Workout three, done.

Three workouts in one day is always good for my fitness. Not only that, but I found a row machine on Facebook Marketplace and made a deal to pick it up in Yazoo City at 6:00 pm. Remember, I have been getting up early on Mondays to shuffle to Twin Rivers to use their rower. It is a heck of a workout and one that should complement my swimming nicely. Penny agreed to go with me provided I take her to Bumpers for supper. 

I bought the rower, ate at Bumpers with my wife, and drove home full of promise for the upcoming week. I will have to lay some more blocks and rig up a way to keep the machine somewhat dry, but I will be able to smash myself at will. But Plate City will take another leap forward. And I am now off work.

Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment