Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Countdown 5

It is Chicot week and I am feeling the excitement within my belly. This part never gets old. Monday, five days out, I took an easy swim in the big pool. John was thirty-three minutes late. I swam a slow and simple 2,500 meters. 

Later in the day, I went out for a run. Despite the 90 degree heat and 47% humidity, some cloud overs and a nice breeze made it tolerable. I shuffled for 7.17 miles. 

Plate City lay idle all day and probably will all week. I could actually feel my biceps muscles when I swam today, the result of Saturday's lifting session. This is the first time I ever lifted this close to a big swim. There will me no lifting this week with the possible exception of some leg work. Even that is somewhat doubtful. 

Thursday I have a speaking engagement at the Lion's Club. Maybe I can raise some funds there. Thus far, we have sent in $1,185, a far cry from the $4,500 goal.

Well there is not so much to write now. I am not doing a lot although I will try to run a bit. I will even taper that off at the end of the week because that impacts my overall energy level. Now is time to start packing bags and doing mental imagery work.

Thank you, Jesus, for this event which makes me work hard, pray hard, and plan hard. Not only that, but thank you for Team Centerville, which are the only volunteers I have left.

No comments:

Post a Comment