Thursday, May 30, 2019

Countdown 3

It's getting close and the crew is settled. If I keep doing this swim, will I have any friends left? Out is Justin Nunnery. Out a few years ago were Randy Beets and Robin Bond. Out is my son, Forrest. Out is Wilson and Spence Carroll. Out is MJ Staples. Who's in you say?

In in Charlie Turner making his first appearance on Team Centerville. In is Gerry Johnson, making his third Chicot. In is my wife who threatened that if I ever swam after dark again she was out. In in Debbie Johnson, Kelsey McLean, and Corey McLean. In is Gerald Johnson, my loyal captain. There you have it, the crew, Team Centerville, the 2019 version

Yesterday, I swam 2,000 meters in the big pool. Later in the afternoon, I shuffled for 7.31 miles. That should have the old legs in shape. Actually, I had rather not do that much running this close to Chicot, but I am struggling so to regain some shuffling fitness, that I could not say no to myself. If I run today, it will only be a very short one. I will not run or swim Friday, but will attempt to sleep in as late as possible.

At lunch today, I am speaking to the Lion's Club. If you read this before then and if you are a praying person, pray that God would give me favor with them and that I will sell a few shirts and raise some funds. Also pray that my message of the dangers of diabetes and a healthy lifestyle will have an impact. I'll let you know how it goes.

Praise be to Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment