Tuesday, September 24, 2019

300th Post

This is my 300th blog post. Not really. It's my 1,400 and somethingth overall. But this is number 300 for the year. And there are almost a hundred days left in 2019. I thought that was worth writing about. Last year I posted 156 times. But I was injured much of that year and unable to run or swim. Also I was despondent a bit, moody, sullen, feeling like I had little to share anything anyone would be interested in. But now that I am doing both swimming and running and doing a lot of them gives me something to write about every day. Not only that, but I am in my Comp I class this very minute. We are writing. I not only have them to write, but I write with them. Because I like it (fragment intended).

I enjoy writing now more than ever. I can remember as an undergraduate at DSU being a licked salt shaker. Even when I knew exactly what I wanted to say, the words trickled out slowly. It took much shaking, a bit of pain even, and lots of time. The words came out frustratingly slow and the sentences formed like ice on a not very cold night. Now, they flow like air from a strong fan. Well maybe not that easily. 

One odd thing I have notice with my increased productivity, though, is that my views are down, way down. I guess I post so often that people are tired of clicking, are bored with my topics, or maybe they think "I'll look later." Not to worry about people not reading my post as much as they used to. I write primarily for myself, and if anybody else gets anything from it, great. Maybe I am too open. I recently got out swum by someone who has never beaten me in the water before. I thought, he has been reading my blog and has learned how to train. That's OK. Athletics, endurance athletics at our level, is about health and fun and camaraderie. If I can help someone else, that's a good thing.

Amazingly, a couple of my genres have seen little use lately. I have, for instance, not posted a poem in I don't know how long. And my fiction is down also. But somehow I keep cranking out posts at the rate of one a day and sometimes as many as three per day.

Concerning poetry, I know mine are not good, are not quality. But like my children, they are mine and I like love them. I need to resume some poetry writing. In fact, I have many that I wrote in the past that I never posted. Many. I need to add some of those, soon, perhaps today. Maybe if a put them all up, I will be inspired to write more. We'll see. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment