Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Tuesmas

It's beginning to feel a lot like Fallmas/All over town.

Not really. But it has a little bit. 

It felt like Fallmas in the pool Tuesday morning. The water temp had dropped a few degrees despite our heat, lack of rain, and lack of clouds. Fallmas is coming. I not only felt a touch of Fallmas in the water, but I felt like swimming. I started and just kept going until I busted out 5,000 meters in 1:53:09 @ 2:11. Not bad. At least I got some distance in.

It's beginning to look a lot like Fallmas at Plate City. Part of that is the fact that the lawn is dying due to our drought. But the big pecan tree next door is dropping its leaves giving that look and that feel that makes me want potato pie and some turkey and some time off work. That won't happen for more than a month. But it's coming. I did a pull workout: one-armed rows, pullups, and the Swim Pull.

It's beginning to feel a lot like Fallmas/out on the road. Well, a bit. It was cooler when I took my run, about 87 degrees with high humidity. Then when I got out on Wade Road, we had a cloud over. We have had precious few of those lately. I enjoyed my 6.17 miles although they were slow despite the fact that I threw in a few surges. One day maybe my speed will come back.

I am happy to be out there at any speed. I am happy that Fallmas is coming. I am happy. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment