Saturday, September 21, 2019

Easier Day

Thursday was an easy training day and Friday was an easier one. I swam, alone, early, a mere 1,600 meters. John was tired and called to tell me he was sleeping in. I had to leave home by 6:30 to go the Raymond (Jackson) for a conference. I drove my own truck so I could try to make the day feel less like a work day and more like an outing for fun.

I did enjoy the conference. I got to chat with some of my colleagues that I don't see much anymore since they moved my back to Greenwood full time. I also liked the speakers, especially the novelist, Michael Farris, Smith. I bought his The Fighter. I've read a few pages, and I think I am going to like the book. I found him interesting, down to earth, entertaining.

We were out by 2:00 p.m., and I drove straight to Play It Again Sports. I didn't buy anything there. Then I went to Academy Sports in Madison, my all-time favorite store. I only purchased a few bands for the gym. Next, I drove to Bicycle Revolution in Glucksdat where I purchased my son's Christmas gift. Then I went home to snack and get ready for the 300 Oaks the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment