Monday, September 23, 2019

9/16 - 9/22

The string of twenty-mile training weeks are starting to add up. They need to. I was off for over two years. Now I have run twenty or more miles per week for thirteen straight weeks. I need and hope to keep the streak going. Also, I did my second consecutive 20/20 week, that is twenty plus miles of shuffling and 20,000 meters or more of swimming.

Monday began with 4,500 meters of swimming before work. It continued with 8.12 miles of shuffling in our continued heat wave. Tuesday I did a double dip with 4,100 meters in the morning and an additional 1,200 yards at night after coaching the boys. I got in some bench pressing in the afternoon, and 3.04 miles of shuffling.

Wednesday I swam 3,100 in the morning and 3,000 yards that night with Brad. In the afternoon, I ran another 3.04 miles, matching Tuesday's effort. Thursday I swam another 3,100 meters and lifted some weights. I did not run again until Saturday, trying to get fresh for the Oaks.

Friday, I was forced out of the pool early because I had a conference in Raymond, Mississippi. I swam 1,600 and that was all the working out I did that day. Saturday was the Oaks. I did the 10K but did not place. That was OK. I did it, had fun, did some jogging afterwards, and shuffled the fun run. In all, I did 8.02 miles for the day.

For the week, I

swam 20, 238 meters,
lifted weights two times, and
ran 22.22 miles.

I am getting there, coming back, getting in better shape. I had fun at the Oaks. Up next? MDCC's 5K should be the week after next. Maybe I can do them both. I hope. Thank you, Jesus, for a good, solid week.

No comments:

Post a Comment