Sunday, September 29, 2019

Day Off?

Saturday is supposed to be a day off. Allegedly. Not this time.

I did swim somewhat early. I met John at the pool at 7:00 a.m. I wasn't wanting much. I already had logged 20,300 meters for the week. Huge jumps in training distance are a no no. I was aiming for around 2,000 meters. I did 1,700. 

Plenty. 

Next, I went home, drank some coffee, and wrote a blog post. Then I went to the wood yard. I had to buy blocks, concrete blocks. I am so tired of this dog digging out that I am ashamed of what I am thinking. I spent a few hours making two trips to the wood yard, hauling in two loads of blocks, throwing them over the fence, carrying them around the yard, and laying them along the fence. I think that is what I am doing for the next year and a half. Remember, this is how my arm fell off in 2016. If that happens again, I will murder something.

I had hoped to lift some while I worked. I did a bit, but I worked so much that I only did a fraction of what I had planned. I did some rotator cuff work, light, easy shoulder work, and some squats. Then I went inside and watched college football. Thank you, Jesus, and help me end this term in Hades.

No comments:

Post a Comment