Monday, September 30, 2019

9/23 - 9/29

I had another 20/20 week. That makes three in a row. Bow Howdy. I should be able to kick some hinder parts. It went down like this. 

Monday I started with a 4,600 meter straight swim in the early morning. That was followed by bench pressing in the afternoon, and a 3.25 mile shuffle after that.

Tuesday I hit the water for 5,000 meters. I also did my gym work and my road work. I pulled at Plate City and ran the Wade Loop for 6.16 miles.

Wednesday I was feeling the load a bit and only swam 3,600. I shuffled 2.51 miles, and at the gym I only did a couple of sets of light squats.

Thursday I busted out 5,100 meters in a straight swim. That was my longest since Chicot. It was bench day again out back, and I hit a good one experimenting with bands for the first time. I only did 2.52 on the road.

Friday I was slowing down in the water. I did a mere 2,000 meters before going out for a 12.03 mile run. That was the first real long run I had done in several weeks. I still have not run as long as my longest swim of the year. At the gym, I did pulls again but changed exercises.

Saturday I had plans, but you know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and men. I swam 1,700. Then I had to work in/on the yard/fence for several hours. I managed only a little lifting during that time: legs and shoulders.

For the week, I

swam 22,000 meters,
ran 26.46 miles, and 
lifted weights six times.

That is good training volume and I have been doing it for a while now. My weight is beginning again to creep downward. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment