Sunday, September 1, 2019

Saturday Was Better

I slept in, drank more coffee, and hung out with CC. I called John about 10:00 but when he didn't answer, I knew he had gone to the pool without me. I didn't leave until about 11:00 and I was on foot then. I shuffled 1.61 miles to the little pool, swam 2,100 yards, and then ran 2.11 home. How many workouts is that? Two, three, or one? I am calling a run/swim/run one workout now, but really it is two. Or three.

I took a nap and some nutrition before going out for workout number two or three or four. I hit legs at Plate City busting out five sets of squats. Then I went inside for some college football and food.

After a couple of hours of football, I went back outside for workout number three or four or five. This time I did upper body pulling focusing on the one-armed dumbbell row and pullups. On the pullup, I did ten with no weight and five singles with fifteen pounds. Then it was back indoors for more food and more football. 

I love the fall. The temps have dropped a little bit and even my running pace went down some. Leaving the pool, I checked my watch and was pleased to see that I was shuffling below a thirteen minute per mile pace. Imagine being happy about that. I threw in a surge and hit a sub nine for .3 of a mile. Wow. 300 Oaks, here I come.

Thank you, Jesus, for the changing season and continued good health.

No comments:

Post a Comment