Saturday, September 7, 2019

Like Old Times

Friday morning at the pool was like old times. John did not get on my nerves, and I felt like swimming. The swimming malaise that has plagued me since Chicot was MIA as I knocked off 3,500, and I enjoyed it. I swam

3,000 straight 
10 X 50 medium paddles

That is my longest practice since Chicot. On the straight swim, I started my countdown set at 1,000. The countdown begins with fast 25s that float over 400 meters. First 100 the first 25 is fast; second 100 the second 25 is fast, third and fourth follow the same pattern. The 5th 100 is easy and the 6th has the first 50 fast while the 7th has the second 50 fast. Friday, this started at 1,100. The 8th is easy; the 9th is 75 fast followed by 125 easy. The 11th was hard and the 12th easy. After that I threw in some fast 50s here and there and stopped at 3,000. That should put some endurance back into my swimming muscles.

After the swim, I drove to Carroll County for a run in the hills. I did 9.33 miles and tried to push the hills. It was hot and with the hills, it should have been a good stress for me. It felt like a real stress.

I intended to lift, but it was comfortable inside. Thank you, Jesus, for a productive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment