Thursday, September 26, 2019

Wednesmas

It was one of those days when I really did not feel like swimming. Not that I did not want to swim at all, but I didn't have that push, that drive, that fire within. It happens. It usually happens after I get up early several mornings in a row. It always happens after I take a significant run the day before. Tuesday I ran 6.16 miles which left me a little tired for Wednesday morning's swim. I did

1,500 34:00 (2:15)
600 small paddles
6 X 100 medium paddles
400
3 X 100 medium paddles
100 small paddles
total: 3,600 long course meters

On the surface that might look like I did some sets. What I really did was stall. I suppose one reason I have mostly been doing straight swims is I know that once I stop, I get lazy and began to waste time on the wall. I do need some serious sets, some speed, some lactic acid accumulation, to make those muscles burn, contract hard and fast. Maybe tomorrow.

It was 94 degrees when I took my run Wednesday afternoon. Amazing. I am thanking God for the heat because the cool weather is going to be really nice. I shuffled 2.51 miles in a horrendously slow 14:19 per mile pace. Wow.

Wednesday is leg day at Plate City. I wanted to take a nap instead. I did force myself outside to do two easy sets of squats. I suppose something is better than nothing. I hope it is because I barely did something.

All in all it was a good day. I did not mention that I had to make a trip to Moorhead to meet with my boss. Nothing like being called in to see the boss to make one nice and relaxed. "What could I have done?" I kept thinking. I wasn't in trouble, she just wanted to tell me in person about some big changes coming my way next semester. I am OK with the changes, but I do worry about the impact they might have on the Chicot Challenge. One way or the other, it will all work out. It always has, and God has shown me that Chicot is not mine but His. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment