Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Subtle Changes

Although the weather has cooled some, our temperatures are still running above normal. That's the way the weather man says it. I say they are running above average. Anyway, when I waded into the pool Monday morning, I noticed something that sort of surprised me. The water was at least three degrees cooler.

I have been through this cooling down before but not in a September like this one. Even though we have had no rain, no clouds to speak of, no cool nights (they have been in the low 70s), the water is starting its downward creep. Only one explanation is possible for this: the longer nights. 

Sunset is coming now about one minute and twenty three seconds sooner per day. The sun is coming up a little later each day. Even though our nightly lows have remained high, the temperatures are there for much longer each night, thus the cooling. 

For my swimming it felt good, the cooler water. I swam 4,600 straight at a little bit of a faster pace than I have been swimming of late. That's good. 

In the afternoon, I shuffled 3.25 miles. My legs were still sore from the Oaks Saturday. That always amazes me that I can put in lots of miles, cycle, and lift weights, but when I do a hard race, I get sore. That's good.

At Plate City I instituted my new program for my next cycle. I benched

11 X 95
8 X 100
8 X 100
8 X 100
8 X 100

I also did some bumbbell presses, triceps pushdowns, and a bunch of rotator cuff work as usual. That was good. Thank you, Jesus, for a productive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment