Thursday, September 19, 2019

Another Record

We set another record high Wednesday. September the 18th, 2019, was the hottest day of the year in Greenwood, Mississippi. It officially hit 101. The good news is I am very heat acclimated. Now if it will just cool off, I should be able to run faster than a shuffle.

The hottest day started with a 3,100 meter swim in the dark at Twin Rivers. After work and a nap, I stepped outdoors for my shuffle, and I knew the prediction of a 98 degree day was likely wrong. It was. I managed to step off 3.04 miles matching Tuesday's run and giving me 14.2 for the week. Since this is the 300 Oaks week and since me legs did not recover any from the previous 3.04 mile shuffle, I likely will not run again until Saturday morning when I do battle with the old men and the fat ladies.

The hot run plus mowing my front lawn sapped me so much that I failed to lift weights. What I did do was to go to the pool to work with Brad. I got there early and did some swimming before he got there, while he was there, and after he left. I put in another 3,000 yards giving me 5,842 meters for the day. Pretty good. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment