Friday, April 1, 2022

A Win

Thursdays are always a good day for me. It's my Friday, and I have a short day at work. Yeehaa. Tyler and I did legs at Plate City. Usually we do that on Wednesday, but since we missed Monday, everything was pushed back a day. I was much stronger this week than last week when I had a shockingly difficult time moving weight. That was good for my head, my performance Thursday morning.

I took a shuffle in the afternoon, going 2.81 miles. I went out Hades Road, and the rains of the night before had put out all the fires. Thank you, Jesus. Then I went to Plate City to do some work on the heavy bag stand and to spin on the stationary a bit. Pee Wee and I hung out. Birds were singing from their perches high above the ground.

At the pool, things didn't go so well. My shoulder was giving me some grief. I set out to warmup with 1,500, but after 350, I rolled over and did 1,000 on my back. The backstroke was not without discomfort, but the discomfort was much less. That might be the longest backstroke swim of my life. Then instead of doing 100s @ 3:00, I did 50 breast @ 3:00. Seven. Seven reps of 50 breast. That might be the most breast stroke I have ever swum in my life. I'm pretty sure it is.

While the pool time wasn't prime time, I did get some work in and may have done better than planned. All in all, the day, the training was a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment