Monday, April 25, 2022

BBU 24

BBU 24 was a mixed bag. My fall off the cliff from two weeks ago continued as I race towards the ground at 127 miles per hour. Yes, that is a metaphor but it feels so true. Monday I slept in. Tyler was out of pocket most of the week. Penny and I had an engagement that night, so training time was tight. I managed to make it to the pool for 2,200 yards. That was it for the day.

Tuesday we had our MDCC Greenwood Center 5K. I walked over to the linear park and shuffled home for a total of 4.04 miles of running. I found time to swim 1,100 yards.

Wednesday I only swam. This time I hit 2,450 yards. At least I was doing something. Thursday we had another engagement after 5:00 so I only swam 2,250 yards and ran 1.1 miles. 

Friday morning, Tyler and I rode our bicycles for my first training ride of the year. I have been on the stationary a few times, but no real crank turning work. I had two miles on Big T for due to my ride to his house and back giving me 16.37 miles. In the pool, I did a solid practice of 3,700 yards.

Saturday, I swam 2,250 yards and ran 2.29 miles. I finally made it to Plate City in the afternoon for a full body workout. I missed squatting all of the week before so after my first of squats, I thought I would have to dump the bar at the bottom of rep one of set two. My muscles protested vigorously, felt like they were going to all cramp. 

For the week, I

  ran 7.43 miles,
  lifted weights one time,
  cycled 16.37 miles, 
  Skiergged 5:20, and 
  swam 12,747 meters

Only the swimming numbers were any good, and that was the first good swim training week in over a month. The shoulder seems OK now and the Mississippi Senior Olympics swim meet is a mere five days away not to mention Quadrathon. My rudimentary math tells me that the bog day is 38 days away. Well, at least we are riding our bicycles now, thanks to Tyler climbing the wall and sounding the alarm. 

We are racing towards the big event and I am feeling a little excited. Two days after Quadrathon, we are scheduled to go to the State Games of Mississippi for a swim meet. Two days after a power lifting meet and a 66-mile triathlon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment