Sunday, April 17, 2022

OOOPPSS!!!!

It is Easter morning 2022, and I am just now figuring some things out. First, I was wrong about the State Senior Olympics Swim Meet date. 

Huh!? 

Yeah, but I was only off a week. Exactly how does one who is presumably of at least average intelligence do that? All I can say is that I am a genius at being stupid. The meet is April 30. I am not sure how I feel about that. Besides being embarrassed, will the extra week help or hurt my chances of doing well? 

That's easy: help. More time is always better.

Not so fast, my friend. If I were training at full speed that would be true. But at my reduced training load, am I still losing fitness or am I beginning to rebound? I honestly do not know the answer to that question.  

Another thing I finally figured out is why I am so slow as a runner now. In my devotional reading this morning, I came upon Proverbs 19:2b 

                              And he sins who hastens with his feet

So now I see that Jesus has been protecting me from sin by slowing me down. Thank you, Lord.

Saturday it rained. Saturday it rained a lot. Saturday I did lots of lounging. I did go for some roadwork and ran shuffled 1.36 miles. Not much rebound there. I had thought a strong session at Plate City was in order, but I did not have a roundtoit. I did make it to the pool, however. When I drove up, kids were going inside. I left and came back an hour later. This time there were more kids. This time I went in, cleaned the pool out (everything in the building was in the water) and started swimming. Backstroke.

Well, the kids did stay out of my way. Thank you, Jesus. I started with 1,350 yards of straight backstroke for some basic conditioning. Then I did a little breast and finished with a total of 300 freestyle. My total was 1,850 yards. That felt pretty close to a practice. I think next week, I can practice. I need some hard freestyle sets, something that hurts, but not the shoulder. Help me, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment