Saturday, April 9, 2022

Praise the Lord Anyway

Friday has come and gone but it seems like Friday now on this Saturday morning. Ordinarily I like sleep in a little longer, but Penny got up, bathed, and left while I remained in bed. That's what makes it seem like Friday. It's just a bit after 6:00, the morning is cold, the coffee is hot, and the bed is soft. When I woke up, I knew I was up, that going back to sleep was not an option. And I don't even want to go back to sleep since my rest was good, thorough, adequate. I ate my breakfast and now I ponder the possibilities of a long day with my wife not around to tell me what to do. Life is good.

Yesterday, Tyler was out of town, I was off work, and my lazy was working overtime. I weed eated and mowed the front yard. I went for a short run, 3.29 miles. John and I were supposed to meet at the pool. When I got there, a truck was parked suspiciously close to the pool. I got out and walked to the door. I did not go inside. I heard voices that sounded like playing. Not good. I called John. He was on the way. I circled the area a few times then headed home. John called me back a little later. He got to the pool and went inside. He said there were two fat boys, young teenagers, in there playing. He threw a fit with me over the phone. The fit reminded my of Dad. After we hung up, I laughed and laughed and laughed.

Penny and I ate at the Crystal Grill. I got the same thing as last week: blackened red fish with that sauce on top. On the side, I had a Greek salad and yams. Mercy, we even had dessert, Penny I don't know what, but I had lemon ice box pie. We were blessed to have Lindsey as our server. A good server is like icing on the cake. It makes the good even more good. Our dining experience was more better.

So it was a good day. Now the possibilities of another good day loom before me like a lonely road stretching out before my fully gassed up pickup truck. What kind of mischief will I get into today? I can

    a) take a long run
    b) go for a long bicycle ride
    c) take a road trip and eat gas station food
    d) do a full-body assault at Plate City

Oh shucks, I forgot. Penny has already told me what to do. I have to 

    e) weed eat and mow the back yard

*Sigh. 

Praise the Lord anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment