Saturday, April 2, 2022

Disaster at Plate City, but She Remembered

Fridays are great. I have some time, time to play, time to work, time to workout. Tyler and I met at 5:30 a.m. The temp was 39, maybe the last really cold morning of the year for us. I hope. We did push and pull so we were pretty shot after the session. 

After breakfast, I ran a couple of errands and then started working in the backyard. I mowed the back, put some sand in some low places, and piddled in the gym. Since the heavy bag post had been up 65 hours, I decided it was time to hang the bag. I got things together then walked across the street to get Rob Sanford to give me a hand when I realized I couldn't do it myself. We got the bag up. It looked like palace. Rob went out the gate and I punched the bag with enough force to maybe crack an egg. Maybe. The whole thing collapsed. What?!?!? Yeah. Remember that gospel song, "The Anchor Holds"? The anchor didn't hold. So it's all a heap in the floor now. 

*Deep breath. *Sigh.

Praise God anyway.

So I took a run. I went 3.17 miles. Since my shoulder is a bit jacked right now, there was no swim on the agenda. Consequently, I did some moving. I moved one whole box, a small one, and put some books up at the new house. This was big. I can now see the tunnel at the end of the light. We are going to make it. We are going to get moved.

Then Penny came home. We went to Crystal for dinner and had Lyndsey as our server. She is a student of mine, a good one, and a really excellent server. When we sat down, she was there within a minute with our drinks. She remembered. And she told me that they had yams. She remembered. And she told Penny what vegetables were available. She remembered. That's why we like her and always request her as our server. At No Way Jose, we always ask for Flori. Flori also remembers, and she smiles, a real smile not a forced one.

Life is good. There are blessing everywhere. Look for them. Thank God for them. Enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment