Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Good News

I had a good start to the penultimate week before the Mississippi Senior Olympics. Tyler called in sick so Plate City remained dark. And Monday is one of my long days at work. After work, however, I hit the road for a 2.55 mile shuffle. Not a bad start for my training. 

Tyler cancelled on the swim also. That put me there alone. I didn't mind. It is not enjoyable to fly around other birds when you have a broken wing. I swam

  4 X 25 breast
  350 back
  2 X 25 breast
  350 back
  2 X 25 breast
  350 back
  2 X 25 free
  total: 1,300 yards

What? Is that 2 X 25 free that I just read? 

Yes. How about that! I swam some freestyle pain free. I wanted to swim more, but I don't trust my body right now. That is one problem with injury, it takes some time to get back to normal. Currently, it's all in my head, and it will take some time for it to go away. 

I don't know what I will do today, but I will shoot for just a little more than Monday. How much fitness have I lost over the past three week? I don't know, and I don't have the nerve to test it. I don't trust my body right now. Probably I will go into the swim meet not knowing how fit I am and just go for it and see what happens. Praise the Lord anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment