Thursday, April 7, 2022

Training for Four is Tough

I just realized that I did not post Tuesday. So I will have to do it now. Tyler and I lifted. I ran in the afternoon, 3.5 miles. Also, I did 40:16 on the stationary. That is the most I have done this spring. I plan to get my road bike out and get on the road soon. I did not swim, however, due to the shoulder. I saved it for Wednesday.

Wednesday morning Tyler and I worked legs. Hard. I wobbled to work and made it through my hardest day of the week. Then I shuffled 3.13 miles. Tyler and I met up at the pool. The State Senior Olympics swim meet is April 23, and I am registered for six events. My shoulder is jacked just in time. For some reason, I am not throwing objects, I am not weeping uncontrollably, nor am I looking for lonely road signs to shoot. I swam some breast and some back. Hurrah. I can now swim back with no pain so that opens things up a little bit. I did a total of 1,100 yards. Not much, but better than a poke in the eye.

So, the swim meet is coming up, and quadrathon is approaching like an out of control eighteen wheeler. What to do? The best we can. Tyler is not unscathed either. Training for four sports is though. Maybe next year we can train for six.

No comments:

Post a Comment