Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Even So Come

Tuesday was a little more normal, but not normal. Tyler was still out, and I still slept in. Outside of that, however, I had a pretty good training day. We had our MDCC 5K. I had hoped to just break a 13:00 minute per mile pace. I ran 11:38. Imaging being happy with that. Oh how the mighty are fallen. I was third overall in the race so I was pleased. Not only did I do that running, but I walked over to the linear park and then walked and ran home. I totaled 4.02 miles of running for the day.

Debbie contacted me about a treadmill. She is giving me one, even lending me a trailer to move it. Can you spell Praise the Lord? I recruited some help and the plan it to move it Friday morning. Plate City has been out of a treadmill for several months now. I do not run on one much, but sometimes when the weather is rough, it is awfully nice to have the option.  

I went to the pool and swam. I did breast and back and some free styling. I swam 250 straight for my longest freestyle swim in weeks. I totaled 1,100 yards to give me 3,300 yards for the week. Not much but better than a poke in the eye. And I have had a poke in the eye so I know. Praise God. The swim meet cometh. Even so, come swim meet come.

No comments:

Post a Comment