Friday, April 29, 2022

Rare Day

I haven't posted in a few days. I don't even know why. Laziness? Business at work? End of the semester blues? Whatever the reason, I am back now. But I will be out of pocket the rest of the day and tomorrow so it might be another few days before I post again.

Tuesday, Tyler and I made our second bicycle ride of the week. I did 17.94 miles. After work, I shuffled 4.14 miles. I didn't swim so I only performed two workouts.

Wednesday, we rode again before work. I put in 18.72 miles. After work, I ran 2.18 miles on bicycle-tired legs. Then Tyler and I met at the big pool Huh? Yeah, we swam outdoors for a short 1,400 meters. Cold? I'd say so. According to Garmin Connect, my watch recorded the water at 72 degrees. That was hard to get started but if felt really nice once the swimming started. So I got three workouts in. Three.

Thursday I pulled off a rare one. The Forty-lap Kid and I pedaled to past Money and back. I recorded 21.17 miles plus the mile to his house. Then after work, I went out for 1.13 miles of roadwork. Think I was finished? Think again. I went to the pool not for a long one, but I swam

  1,000
  100 Redneck IM
  50 build
  total: 1,150 yards

Think I was finished then? Not even then. I went to Plate City and did leg work. Yeah, four workouts. Count 'em, four: a ride, a run, a swim, and a weight session. That is real training right there, I don't care who you are.

So I am lying in bed getting ready to get up and pack. Pack? Yeah, we are heading to Biloxi for the swim meet. I am a bit apprehensive. I have had an injury and a sickness that resulted in four weeks of mild swimming. I really don't know how fit I am. I did get in some decent volume last week, but I was afraid to do much intensity. The email they sent out yesterday shows a guy coming from Tennessee with some really good times. Also, the 50 breast times are way faster than I can swim. I don't know how this is going to go, but it is going to go. Lord give us a safe journey and help me to swim to my ability. Help Penny to have fun and help me be nice to my wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment