Tuesday, April 26, 2022

New Week

It's a new week, and it's time to crank up the Quadrathon training. The Forty-lap Kid and I did just that first thing Monday morning. We met at 5:45 and rode our bicycles. With my extra riding to and from his house, I hit 17.37 miles. I know. We need more. We are headed for more. It's nice to start the day with some heavy exercise. We have swapped our morning gym time for a morning bicycle ride. We are preparing for the 55 miles we will do on the Quad, which is 37 days away.

When the afternoon came around, I grew lazy and did not run. I did, however, meet Tyler at the pool and we swam

  2,300 42:12
  3 X 100
  100 back
  total: 2,700 yards

That was a pretty good practice. It had volume, but not too much, and a little quality, but not too much. It was the beginning of my taper. I will try to swim again today for just a little bit less. The Mississippi State Senior Olympics swim meet is Saturday. Penny and I are looking forward to the trip. We will have a nice Friday night meal and get to see some different scenery. Sometimes I think the Delta is all there is.

No comments:

Post a Comment