Monday, April 18, 2022

BBU 23

I think I told you in the last post that the State Senior Olympics are the 30th not the 23rd. That will at least replace the training I lost last week. Monday morning we slept in. I don't remember why already. I did go to the pool for a short and easy 1,300 yards. On the road I did 2.55 miles.

Tuesday Plate City was open in the morning. We worked hard. But at work, I became ill and my running streak broke at 190 straight days, the longest of my life. 

Wednesday I did no training, and although I still was not jumping too high, I was in the pool Thursday afternoon for a mere 850 yards. 

Friday morning found the Forty-lap Kid and me back at Plate City. The afternoon also found me back on the road for 3.67 miles. And the pool saw me swim 1,500 yards, mostly backstroke.

Saturday I shuffled 1.36 miles and swam 1,850 yards. I did not lift although I had it on the agenda. And Sunday, I napped and ate food. Praise God.

For the week, I

  ran - 5.03 miles

  skiergged - 10:30

  cycled - 00:00

  lifted weights - two times

  swam - 5,025 meters

As you can see, that is a huge drop off. It is like falling off a cliff. Do I have time to get it back before the swim meet? I don't know what to think about that. I will do the best I can. I feel like just a couple of really hard sets in the pool would have a huge impact on my performance. I have not lost the base, I am sure. I have lost the top of the pyramid. I know what you are thinking: do the sets. The issue is trust. I do not yet trust my body to go hard without breaking. Praise God anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment