Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Bad News

Right on the heels of that good news is some bad news. Tuesday morning, Tyler and I met at Plate City. It was quiet out there. He had been sick and missed Monday. I could tell he wasn't feeling well because he used the same weights I used, and I was extremely light because of my shoulder. When it came time for our grand finale, the swim circuit, he opted out saying he feared hurling. 

To make a short story long, when I finished my first class at work, I felt like lying on the concrete floor and going to sleep. I was thinking, either I am getting sick or this will be the day that I die. Slowly the feeling of a massive hurl started building in my gut. After I got my Comp I students working, I left school a little early. I didn't want to blow breakfast on the floor. 

I made it home and to bed. The hurling came about mid-afternoon. It was a big one and for a while I felt better. But . . . I'll spare you the details because they are not pretty. So I did not run, breaking my shuffle streak at 190 consecutive days. I did not swim, again, after my shoulder finally is starting to get better. Now I miserably peck on this computer and hope to feel better.

*Sigh

Praise the Lord anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment