Friday, April 8, 2022

The Diabetes Foundation of Mississippi Oxford Walk

Team Centerville was down Sunday, April 3, 2022. Usually we have five to eight people. This time for the Diabetes Foundation of Mississippi's Oxford walk, only Penny, Gerry Johnson, and I made the trip.

As usual, we drove around for what seemed like a ridiculous amount of time looking for the Lyceum Loop. No, you don't just search for it and let your phone navigate you. That led us to campus and ended. I already knew how to get onto campus. These drive arounds only reinforce my lostness so each year I am more lost than the year before.

Team Centerville

We found it, got signed up and Irena showed us the T-shirts. On the back, they gave shouts outs to a few people. On the list was "Dr. Zane Hodge and Tyler Kirk of the Crazy Man Quadrathon 2022." I was surprised, humbled, and extremely honored by that. Thank you, DFM.

The weather was perfect: clear skies, temps around 62, birds singing, and squirrels running everywhere. Flowers bloomed every direction you could point your head. They held an Ugly Sneakers Contest. Irena even handed me the mic at one point, and I plugged the quadrathon. The walk was short and then we had pizza and ice-cream afterwards. It was all nice, all good, all enjoyable.


I wish we could have brought in more money, and I wish Team Centerville had been at full strength. But it was a memorable event and we are better for going. Thank you, Lord, for the DFM. Bless their work, in Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment