Saturday, August 31, 2019

Friday Was Good

Friday was a good day. I was off work and alive. Any day I am off work and alive is a good one. 

I was supposed to meet John at the pool at 6:45. I ran instead of driving the truck. He wasn't there when I shuffled up so I went ahead and started. I only swam 1,200 meters and got out. When I made the parking lot, I saw his car, but he wasn't in it. Connecting the dots, I found him in the little indoor pool. 

"You were late," he said.

"Not so," I argued.

I shuffled home and got ready to leave. Penny and I had plans to go to Jackson for shopping and then supper with Charlie and Karen, the newlyweds who tied the knot at Centerville Baptist Church.

We had a nice leisurely drive to the city. I dropped Penny at her stores with two hours to do my shopping. My shopping consisted of trying to find a house out in the country from Brandon. I found some weights listed on Facebook Marketplace, and I went for them. I took the two hours to find the house, fill up the truck, and get back to Penny's store. 

We did some more shopping making our last stop at Academy Sports. That is a store we both go in. I look at the exercise equipment, and Penny looks at the clothing. I sort of wanted to purchase some bands, but they were $39.00 for three with each one a different size. I really want pairs so I can use them for accommodating resistance on bench presses and squats using one of the same size on each side of the barbell. That meant buying two boxes and that jacked the price up to $78.00. I could not do it. I just could not. So I left with a couple of flashlights-- winter is coming, and I will be running in the dark-- and some gels. I am now running far enough, once a week, to need gels. Thank God for that.

We then drove to the reservoir and looked around awhile. We went to Old Trace Park, drove around some condos, then found the levee, and after that Shaggy's where we were to meet Charlie and Karen. Penny texted Karen after we parked at the restaurant, and they came on early. We had a great meal and some nice fellowship while sitting at an upstairs table with a stunning view of the water. Give Shaggy's a go if you are in the Jackson area.

We parted with hugs and smiles, our stomachs protruding farther than normal. We drove home satisfied from a long, enjoyable day. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment