Tuesday, August 22, 2023

8/14 - 8/20

It was another less-than-I-wanted-it-to-be week. But I was alive, working, working out, and happy. Praise God. And in case you are wondering why I did not post this yesterday, I couldn't make it happen. I slept until 7:00 a.m., went to work at 8:00, and had four straight classes. When I got home, I went to bed, still having some problems with that little issue that has plagued me for a few weeks now. At 5:30, the Barrentines, Paul and Beverly, picked us up and we went to Over 60s in Itta Bena where I out-ate Paul and Junior Barrentine. I beat them like they was red headed step children.

Monday I did not swim or run. I did, however, make it to the world famous Plate City Gym where I performed some push movements that included bench presses, overhead presses, chest flys, and seated dips.

Tuesday was pretty much the same: no swimming and no running. But once more, I went to Plate City and hung out with Pee Wee and did some pulling. 

I made it to the water Wednesday. I swam 2,000 yards. Then Paul B and I met at the City where we worked legs like we didn't need to walk the next day. We're bad like that.

Thursday was another bust. I was in pain and went to bed after work. I got well enough for Mary Hodge and me to meet Junior and Frances at Hilltop. We had a nice meal and some nice fellowship.

I did my first and only run of the week Friday, going 1.77 on the treadmill. Also, I swam 2,450 yards, and lifted some weights. Hey, that's not bad right there. I don't care who you are.

And you know what normally happens on Saturday. Paul B, Pee Wee, and me meet at the City for leg work and strongman training. We did the husafell stone and some frame deadlifts at Pee Wee Field. It was real. It was fun. But is wasn't real fun. It was too hot to be real fun. Later that afternoon, I lifted again doing upper back and rear deltoids. You can't neglect those rear deltoids. "Rear deltoids make a man," said a woman once. Or did I dream that?

For the week, I

  ran 1.77 miles
  swam 4,067 meters, and
  lifted weights six times

Will I ever get it back? Yes. I will get into the groove again and start hammering it like a mad man. Oh wait, I am a mad man. But that's what keeps me from going really crazy. Thank God for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment