Friday, August 25, 2023

The Stink Eye

I tried to train a little bit Thursday. Maybe I can finish the tri Saturday if I put in a more work. After school, I went to the pool. See what I did there? I swam

  1,850 37:34
  300 for time 5:09 (1:43)
  300 back
  300 medium paddles
  2 X 25 no breath
  total: 2,800 yards = 2,559 meters

Notice anything? That practice is very similar to the one I did Wednesday. I simply added a 50 to the first four sets. I have a tendency to do that, to do a practice and then repeat it with slight adjustments. My paces were better Thursday than Wednesday. Yes, I really was more fit. I respond quickly to swim training. I wish the rest of it worked that way.

Back home, I waited until a little after 6:00 to go to the City. It was still 100 out there. I sweated a bucket, but I did 7:00 minutes on the bike erg, and 1.09 on the treadmill. Besides that, I did my push workout. 

Now it's Friday morning, and CC is giving me the stink eye. She wants me to move this computer so she can climb up onto my lap and hold me hostage for at least an hour. Mary and I have decided not to spend the night over there. That means I will be driving up in the morning. That also means I have time for the pool today and some time for more gym work. No cycling or running, however. It's too close for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment