Sunday, August 13, 2023

Street Work

It was a big day. It was a good day. It was Saturday. I slept in a little bit and hung out with CC. Mary Hodge made some good coffee. Paul B was scheduled to arrive at Plate City at 9:25. He was there on time, and I was still drinking coffee. We hit the street for some heavy work. We did farmer's carries and lots of them. It went something like this:

  1 X 140 + 0
  1 X 140 + 20
  1 X 140 + 40 (154)
  1 X 70 + 60
  1 X 50 + 80
  1 X 45  + 90
  1 X 25 + 100

The first number you see is the series is the number of repetitions. The number following the X is the distance we carried the handles. The + ____ is the added weight. The apparatus weighs 114 pounds empty. So the + 20 means we carried the handles 140 feet and they weighed 134 pounds. We finished with a short carry of 214 pounds.

After that, we left the street and went back to the City. There we did machine squats, six sets worth. After the squats, we did deadlifts. This time, we moved the barbell to the grass between Plate City and Plate City Extended. That was different and better. Before, we did them inside the squat rack. Although there is room there to perform the deadlift, I always felt constrained, crowded, and it impacted how I did the lift. Paul felt the same way. Thus, deadlifting on the grass was nice. We had room. After seven farmer's walks, six sets of squats, and three sets of deadlifts, we decided to finish we a single set of leg extensions and leg curls. That was enough.

After lunch and a nap, I went to the pool. This was only my second time in the water this week. I swam

  1,400
  3 X 50 fast @ WIFL
  1 X 50 back
  150 medium paddles
  2 X 25 no breath
  total: 1,800 yards

Guess what I did next? You got it. The nap was good, and when I woke up I started planning a run. It was some kind of hot out there. I waited until 6:30 so I could have some shade and then went out for a 1.84 mile shuffle. That wasn't much, but remember the leg work that morning and the heat that afternoon. 

So what do you think about that? Three workouts on a very hot day. Some cat time, some study time, some gym work with a friend. Life is good. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment