Friday, August 4, 2023

The Top of the List

All that name taking I was doing Monday through Wednesday came to an end Thursday. First, I did another sleep in. Yeah, I'm lazy like that. But when I did go to the pool, I took a couple of names. After Wednesday's 16 X 100, I thought a straight swim was just what my fitness needed, and I did that for 4,000 yards. Huh? Yeah, 4,000 without so much as a sip of coffee. I'm bad like that.

After lunch and a nap, I decided to take another nap. I thought about running. I thought about Plate City. I thought about the bike erg. The second nap won out. Besides, Mary and I had a meeting that night in Grenada. By the time I finished the second nap, it was time to get into the shower.

So we made our meeting, and then we stopped at Spencer's. I make it a rule to stop at Spencer's whenever I'm in Grenada. Buying ice-cream there is like going to a coffee shop. There are too many choices, so I simplify and always get a strawberry milk shake. I don't even look at the menue. I just order my shake with a smile while Mary Hodge reads, reads, reads, and ponders. Her choice. For me, ice-cream is about enjoyment, and trying to chose between 3,462 options is not enjoyable.

Thus my pool numbers are running well (was that a pun?). The others, however, not so much. I have short shuffled twice and number three will not be today. And if I finish Bikes, Blues[,] & Bayous, I will set a year's record for the most bicycle miles in a week. So, it hasn't been too bad. Today? Napping. Napping is at the top of the list. I have a couple of errands to run, but they will have to be sandwiched by naps.

No comments:

Post a Comment