Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Tuesday

We are now in the second week of classes at MDCC. I'm still mispronouncing names, and still I have to look at the schedule on my door to know what's coming up. I was lying in bed this morning thinking, "Do I get to teach Comp II today?" I found the answer when I got here. Yes, today is Comp II day. The students are writing a paper on a short story, one that I wrote a few years back.

Yesterday was a tough one. I went to work in pain and left in pain. Not only that, but I didn't want coffee and drank none. I know you don't believe that, but it's true. My body didn't want it. Instead, I took my tumbler to class with ice and water, and I drank that all day.

After work, I went to bed. CC was worried about me. She just sat on my chest and stared at me. Anyway, I got to feeling better. Paul B was scheduled to come to Plate City at 5:45. He showed up and although I didn't feel like doing much, at least I wasn't hurting. We started slow. That always helps me get into it. After warming up with reverse hypers and the hip abductor/adductor machine and doing a warmup set of regular squats, we switched to the box squat.

By the time we got to the squats, I was feeling like working out. We did three sets of box squats before heading over the Plate City Extended for some machine squats. We did a couple of sets of those and then a set of toe raises. We finished our legs off with a set of step ups on some blocks that have been sitting there waiting on us for three years now.

So it was a good day after all. It started tough, but I get to feeling better and got some work in at Plate City. I need to do more, however. I am registered for the Dragon Fly Triathlon this Saturday. I have not ridden my bicycle since Bike, Blues[,] & Bayous. I have run very few miles. I think I'm going to be in for a tough day at the office. It will be real. It might be fun. I'm pretty sure it won't be real fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment