Thursday, August 3, 2023

The Joys of Summer

Wednesday was another one of those sleep in mornings, which means I swam the little pool. There's nothing wrong with that other than the fact that I do it too much. The long course pool really is better for endurance. I swam

  1,700 34:38
  4 X 100 @ 2:00
  200 small paddles
  4 X 100 @ 2:00
  200 small paddles
  4 X 100 @ 2:00
  200 small paddles
  4 X 100 @ 2:00
  200 small paddles
  2 X 25 no breath
  50 back
  total: 4,200 yards = 3, 838 meters

Now you know that's a practice. That's 1,600 yards of head butting busting it up and down the pool. And that's 800 yards of swimming with paddles. And that's 50 yards of backstroke just to make sure I don't forget how. I was proud of that one.

I went home, ate lunch, and then did what I've been doing the last two weeks. I went to bed and watched YouTube videos. I checked the weather on my phone 42 times, like looking often will change things. 

It was still hot when I went out at 5:30. I mowed the front lawn, ran on the treadmill, and worked out at the City. Forrest was coming over but changed his mind, so it was just Pee Wee and me. I did some pulling and when I went inside, I couldn't get enough to drink. Yeah, the joys of summer.  Thank you, Jesus, for the hot weather. And thank you for the hope of cooler weather in the future. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment