Sunday, August 20, 2023

Pee Wee Field and Strongman Street

Saturday was strongman day. Usually it is. Paul B showed up at 9:24 and we got after it. I didn't hit it too hard because I'm still a bit gun shy due to the tendon soreness. It's gone now, but I want it to stay gone. Remember, I did not squat Wednesday. I did squat some Saturday, just not a lot. I did one warmup set and half of the next set.

We set the frame up in Pee Wee Field. The frame is the attached farmer's handles. We did deadlifts off that. I like variety, and this gave us some. We went up to 242 pounds for one rep.

Then we pulled out the husafell stone. Huh? The real husafell stone is a big rock that resides near Husafell, Iceland. It weights 410 pounds and local custom is for strong men to pick up the stone and carry it around a sheep pen. If you can do that, you get your Man Card punched.

The sport of Strongman has taken up carrying stones, and equipment manufactures have taken to making husafell stones. Mine comes from Titan Fitness and is made of steel in the shape and approximate size of the actual husafell. It is hollow so you can add weight to it. The one at Plate City Extended weights 97 pounds empty. We dropped two 2.5 pounders into it to give us 103 pounds. We're bad like that.Then we carried it down Strongman Street. In case you are wondering, Strongman Street is the alley between Plate City and the back fence.

So we had some fun. We lifted on Pee Wee Field and carried on Strongman Street. And by doing that, I have had a firework show go off in my brain. Boy Howdy, the ideas I have now.

Since I missed some workouts earlier in the week, I still was due a pull session. After eating, resting, and waiting for it to cool off some, I went back to the City and did my second workout of the day. Life is good like that. Thank you, Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. I had an incredible experience working with austin pool builders at Blue Basin Pools! Their expertise and attention to detail truly shine through in the stunning pool they created for us. From the initial design to the final installation, their team was professional, efficient, and a pleasure to work with. Our backyard has been transformed into a paradise, and we couldn't be happier with the result. If you're in Austin and looking for top-notch pool builders, I highly recommend Blue Basin Pools. They truly live up to their reputation!

    ReplyDelete