Thursday, August 24, 2023

I'm in Trouble

Just like last week, it was Wednesday before I made it to the pool. Once I got there, however, I did some semi-serious swimming. I swam

  1,800 37:39
  250 for time 4:20 (1:44)
  250 back
  250 medium paddles
  2 X 25 no breath
  total: 2,600 yards = 2,376 meters

That's not bad, but my lack of consistent swimming, like my lack of running mileage, is beginning to erode my fitness. 

Back home, I partook of one of my specialties: napping. It was 102 degrees outside with a heat index of 116. Thus, I was not in too big of a hurry to get out there, to the City. I needed to run. I needed to ride. I needed to lift. I had, however, neither time nor temperature for all of those needs. 

According to my phone, it was supposed to still be 100 degrees at 6:00. Not much of a cool down. I went out there a few minutes after 6:00 and did some bike ergging and treadmill running. No, I didn't get around to any weights. On the erg, I did three sets of 4:00 minutes each, and on the treadmill, I totalled 1.41 miles. That, my friend, is training for the Dragon Fly Triathlon to be held this Saturday. I know. I'm in trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment