Thursday, August 17, 2023

Movie Night in Heaven

When I got off work, I went home, took a short nap, and hung out with CC. Since I started back to work, she has been clingy, needy. I like that. Then I went to the pool and swam

  1,500 31:36
  100 back
  2 X 25 no breath
  300 medium paddles
  2 X 25 no breath
  total: 2,000 yards = 1,828 meters

Back home, I did some more resting then went to Plate City. Paul B showed up for his third workout of the day. Huh? I thought I was the only one who did that sort of thing. He got up early and ran and walked four miles. After work, he went to Twin Rivers for upper body weight lifting. At 5:30 he showed up at Plate City for lower body weight work. Good job, Paul. I was only doing my second workout of the day.

I did a truncated session because my petallar tendon-- although much better-- still had me fearing to push it too hard. We did a set of reverse hypers. That was the first time I had been on that machine in months. Or has it been a year? Why the delay? I forget about it. How can you forget about a big machine that is impossible to overlook. I'm just good like that. 

Then we did the hip adductor/abductor machine. Paul did squats; I did not squat. I was tempted to do some, but thought better of it. I also did a set of leg curls, but I left off the extensions. So I had a leg workout, just not the one I wanted. But I did what I could instead of taking the day off.

After that, Mary brought me supper and CC watched me eat it. Then we watched some YouTube videos shot in 1929. They were great and gave us (CC and me) a glimpse of the world as it no longer exists. It was interesting to say the least. These films were shot in the South Pacific and Africa. Those parts of the world were really wild in 1929. I wish I could go. Thank you, Jesus, for the hope of some really good videos. Can you imagine movie night in heaven? Be there or be square.

No comments:

Post a Comment