Tuesday, August 8, 2023

First Day Back

I started back to work yesterday. Classes start next week, but I got up, dressed, and drove to Moorhead. As far as first days go, it was alright. I was over there until about 2:00, then I drove back to our new place in Greenwood. It's nice to have a new environment. I have an office that doesn't leak when it rains (at least it is not leaking now), and I have a window. I've never had a window before. This makes me happy. Thus, I'm looking forward to the new year, the new semester at the new location.

When I got home, I went to sleep. Yeah, I was that tired. I thought about going for a run, but Forrest was supposed to come to the City, so I planned to just do it all out there. Much to my chagrin, Forrest got tied up and didn't make it. I, however, lifted weights pretty solidly, push. I also ran on the treadmill where I did 2.51 miles for what I hope is the beginning of my comeback on the road. I have some big plans for running, but I just haven't lately. For the past four months, I have probably averaged five miles per week. That won't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment