Saturday, August 19, 2023

A Ray or Two

My epic lazy continues, but a ray or two of hope made its way through the darkness of inertia. I stayed in bed Friday until a little after 11:00 o'clock. But when I finally did get up, I went to the pool. There I swam

  1,650 33:29
  200 for time (3:22)
  200 back
  350 medium paddles
  2 X 25 no breath
  total: 2,450 yards

That's not great, but that is a real practice. Of course I went back home and took a nap. Then I went to the cleaners and dropped off a bunch of clothes. Eventually I made my way to Plate City. I needed a run, even a short one. I had not run a step all week. After two glorious days of normal temperatures, the heat had returned, so I opted for the treadmill. There I could be shaded and have a big fan on me. Plus, I had a TV. I shuffled for 1.77 miles. There is an old saying that "A watched pot never boils." I'd like to add, "A watched monitor never changes." For me, running on a treadmill is hard miles. 

Mary Hodge was in the back watering stuff when I finished shuffling. I was doing some corator tuff stuff, and she suggested picking up something from a fast food joint after she finished out yard and watered her brother's yard. Boy howdy! I was about to go inside and get a shower. Her suggestion meant I had time to do some lifting, something else that had been rare this week. 

While I was out there, a high school game came on TV. It turned out to be a good one. I did my push workout. Pee Wee was out there with me. We had fun. I got in some thorough lifting while Pee Wee peed on stuff, got petted, and barked at squirrels. It was a good day with a ray. Or two of unlazy. See what I did there? 

No comments:

Post a Comment