Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Boy Howdy

Monday was my first day of classes, and it was a good one, long but good. I have four classes and one of them is three hours plus. Add some office hours to that, and I am not out until 4:30. I know, poor baby, right? Well, if I had an 8:00 to 5:00 Monday through Friday, I would be retired already. 

After work, I rested some and waited for the sun to get lower in the sky. That makes a difference even when the temps are still very high. Eventually, I went to the City and did my push workout. Since I have a sore patella tendon, I didn't attempt a run. Since it was late, I didn't attempt a swim. So I lifted which is better than a poke in the eye.

Tuesday was about the same. My tendon was still sore and I slept until I needed to get up to go to work. I had a regular day at school. By regular day, I mean I was off at 1:20. That's what I'm talking about. When I went home, I took a series of naps. Running was out of the question, and I should have gone to the pool. But I did not. I did, however, go to Plate City. Boy howdy did it feel good out there. The temperature was 85, the dew point was 62, and a light breeze blew across the gym giving it that October feeling. Yeah, I know. I've seen the forecast. It's not going to last, but we have one more day of it. Praise God.

No comments:

Post a Comment