Monday, November 18, 2019

11/11 - 11/17

Another solid week of training is in the bank, and Randy Beets is the worst for it. Monday I swam 3,700 yards. The swim included an 8 X 200 set. In the afternoon I ran 2.65 miles, and lifted weights. A productive day.

Tuesday I swam 3,800 yards. The quality was not especially high, but I did do some 50s, a bunch of them. Later I shuffled 6.39 miles, and I did not get to lift weights. I do not remember why the weightlifting got bypassed. I think we had to attend some sort of event.

Wednesday I swam 3,900 with at 20 X 100 set. That's good training. My shuffle was 3.04 miles, and the weight training was solid. I did something I had never done before: I did some loaded barbell walking to go along with all the pulling I did at the gym. 

Thursday was glorious because it was the final day of my Babylonian Captivity. I am so ready for my normal schedule. I did a straight swim at the pool. I like to do that once a week. I made 4,300 yards before it was time to get out. That afternoon I shuffled 3.22 miles with a renewed sense of freedom. I did light benches and watched YouTube to cap off the day.

Friday was Virtual Swim Meet 5. I won narrowly, but a victory is a victory. I climbed out of the pool thinking I had lost. I knew he beat me in the two 200s. I did not remember his 600 time, but I thought I won that one by a few seconds at most. When I checked my phone, I saw that I had outpaced the tall guy but seventeen seconds on the 600 which more than made up for the two 200s. That felt really good. One of my knees felt gimpy so I did not run, but I did lift weights.

Saturday, shuffled 10.15 miles. After that, I lifted weights doing squats and log presses. I don't know why, but I really enjoy the log press. Maybe it is the novelty of it. Maybe it is because it works the deltoids so thoroughly. Maybe it's because I am making fast progress like you usually do with a new move. Maybe it's all of the above. I cut things a little short on account of the harvest festival we had at Centerville. I ate way, way too much. How to cope with that?

For the week, I 

swam 17,449 meters,
ran 25.42 miles, and 
lifted weights five times.

My yearly total on the swim is now up to 503 miles. That is getting close to my yearly average which means I am solidly on the road back. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment