Friday, November 22, 2019

Thriday

Thriday was simple. I like simple. I went to the pool with a simple plan. No fancy sets. No elaborate plans. Nothing new programmed into my watch. I just swam. I do that now once per week. When Chicot begins to draw near, I will do it more often. I swam 4,700 straight in a slow 1:33:42 which comes out to a 1:59 per 100 average. That felt good.

At work, things were simple. In Comp II, the students were working on papers. So I blogged and answered questions. In Comp I, we went over the last paper we turned in. And we also discussed some post I put off the board which I tool off social media. The state of the English language is not good and it appears to be getting worse year by year. I am doing my part, but I am just one person. By putting these things on the board, I am trying to demonstrate the practicality of English studies. So many people can't effectively communicate because they did not take English classes seriously.

I got off work and felt free. Next week we are off. I watched some Paul Finebaum then ran some errands. I did not run. I had some discomforts in my leg Wednesday while running so I took the day off. I am even thinking of doing only the half at the Mississippi River Marathon. I had thought I would do the full, but wisdom tells me not to push it that hard. I have a better chance of staying healthy if I run the mileage and the long runs that I am doing now.

At Plate City, it was bench day. I pressed

18 X 95
13 X 115
9 X 125
6 X 130

Incline bench with Swiss bar

15 X plus 20
13 X plus 30

Log Press

8 X 52
10 X 52

Triceps push down

22 X 35
23 X 25

That was a pretty good workout. Now for Virtual Swim Meet 6 Friday morning. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment