Friday, November 1, 2019

Thriday

It was a big day. The MDCC Greenwood Center has its annual chili cook off scheduled, so I awoke with a tiredness yet an eagerness to greet the day. First thing, of course, was the pool. I was fatigued from getting up early everyday so I didn't do any sets; I just went up and down the pool for one hour and eleven minutes and forty nine seconds. I made 3,500 yards. Not bad for a Thursday.

The chili cook off was the bomb. We had nine contestants. It was amazing that each entry had its own flavor. I tasted them all, made my selection, then took a full bowl of it. Katie Jones entered some chili. She told us after the voting that it was Wendy's. Wendy's did not get a single vote. Two of the culinary students tied for first.

When I got home, I changed clothes and got on the couch. I didn't feel like doing anything. I napped and hung out with River who wanted to be on my face. Eventually, I got up and took my shuffle. It was 46 degrees out, our coldest this year. It was also Halloween. A few trick-or-treaters were already out when I ran at 4:00 p.m. I shuffled 2.56 miles.

I rested before going to Plate City. Thriday is light bench night. I pressed

20 X 100
10 X 110
9 X 120

Overhead dumbbell

8 X 25
8 X 25

I leisured the rest of the evening. It was a good day. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment