Friday, November 8, 2019

Thriday

Thriday is always a good one. It means tomorrow I am off work. It also means Virtual Swim Meet is one day off. Of course I swam. Early. I met John at the pool at 4:25. He was only a few minutes late. I swam

4,100 straight in 1:22:56. Why no sets, you ask? Once a week I feel it is good to give the body a dose of what it does at Chicot which is a lot of swimming with no stopping. If you look at my week, I think it's pretty balanced. Monday I did sets of 200s. That was a tough practice. Tuesday I did contrast training with fast 50s alternating with medium paddles swims. Wednesday I did 100s on 2:00. I think that is one of the best schemes possible. It builds speed and stamina. What comes along with stamina? Endurance you dummy. And today it is Virtual Swim Meet 4, a bunch of hard swimming. So Thriday's straight swim is a way to rest while keeping volume high.

I was so tired when I got off work that I almost didn't run. But I did. I shuffled 2.57 miles. Then I went to Plate City and did light benching and played with my new toy. What, you've forgotten already? The log bar from Titan Fitness. I did a couple of sets with it and even put some weight on it, a 2.5 on each side. That takes to total up to 57 pounds. Don't laugh. If you have never pressed one of these, give it a try.

So it was a good day. Next up after a few cups of coffee, the virtual meet against Randy. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment